Hosts the 40th Annual Western Federation of Watercolor Societies Exhibition
APRIL 16 – JULY 15, 2015
Juror: Linda Baker
The juror for the Fortieth Annual WFWS Exhibition is Linda Baker, AWS NWS, a professional watercolor artist whose work presents a contemporary approach to traditional subjects. Striving to simplify the complicated while seeing the unique in the ordinary, she captures the essence of gentle scenes with harmonious strokes.
Linda says that “Capturing the extraordinary light that transforms a subject almost to abstraction is a main objective in creating my watercolors. My love of white and the soft nuances of gray along with the richness of earth tones make up my subtle palette. As a full time artist, I create original, reproduce a line of gicleés, and limited edition prints, as well as teaching several workshops a year.”
Linda’s affiliations include Watercolor West, San Diego International, Adirondacks Artists Guild, and she holds signature status with NWS • National Watercolor Society, TWSA • Transparent Watercolor Society of America, ISEA • International Society of Experimental Artist, WW • Watercolor West, and LWS • Louisiana Watercolor Society. Videos of her watercolor techniques are available from Creative Catalyst Productions. Excerpts may be viewed on YouTube. Com.
The Western Federation of Watercolor Societies (WFWS) was formed 39 years ago through the foresight and work of Dr. David Gale (1915 – 1980) of the New Mexico Watercolor Society. Today, the WFWS includes over 4,500 artists in eleven regional watercolor societies and guilds. The WFWS encourages and recognizes artistic excellence and works to increase visibility of watercolor as an artistic medium through our annual exhibitions.
- Arizona Watercolor Association (Phoenix. AZ) AWA
- Colorado Watercolor Society (Denver, CO) CWS
- Idaho Watercolor Society IWS
- Nevada Watercolor Society (Las Vegas, NV) NWS
- New Mexico Watercolor Society NMWS
- San Diego Watercolor Society (San Diego, CA) SDWS
- Southern Arizona Watercolor Guild (Tucson, AZ) SAWG
- Southwestern Watercolor Society (Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX) SWS
- Texas Watercolor Society (San Antonio, TX) TWS
- Utah Watercolor Society (Salt Lake City, UT) UWS
- Watercolor Society of Oregon WSO
- West Texas Watercolor Society (Lubbock, TX) WTWS
Key Dates for the Artist
- Nov. 15, 2014 Entries due to your Society Delegate
- Jan. 28, 2015 Accepted notices mailed to delegates
- Feb. 19, 2015 Matted paintings due to society delegate
- April 16, 2015 Exhibition opens to Public
- May 30, 2015 Dinner & Awards 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
- July 15, 2015 Exhibition Closes
- July 29, 2015 Artwork returned via shipper to delegates
- Best of Show $1300
- David Gale Memorial Award $500
- Award of Excellence (4+) $500
- Award of Merit (3+) $300
- Honorable Mention (4+) $200